Do you travel frequently and hate leaving your dog behind? And wouldn’t be nice to have a special crate that will allow you to transport your furry best friend? If the answer to these questions is yes, then consider getting the best soft dog crate.
There are a lot of benefits of using a soft-sided dog crate over a typical plastic or metal one. They are made of light flexible fabric and are therefore much lighter and easier to carry around. Furthermore, they are easier to fold down and store away.
Read more: Best Dog Crate 2019
Listed below are five soft dog crate that will give you a chance to travel with your dog with ease and style.
The Arf Pets Soft Dog Kennel comes in two sizes and is made of durable materials. This makes it a great option if you are looking for a large soft sided dog crate since it is suitable for dogs up to 70 pounds.
This crate has doors on top, side, and front allowing for three points of entry. The mesh windows ensure proper ventilation and the airy feel inside the crate.
The Arf Pets used steel frame construction and heavy-duty washable materials. Collapsible bars with retractable strings make assembling a breeze, and when collapsed this crate doesn’t take much space.
This product comes with a carrying strap. However, that won’t mean much if you have to transport a 60 pound Golden Retriever. Furthermore, the mat isn’t included and you will have to spend extra money to buy one.
Read More: Best Airline Approved Dog Crate
- Three points of entry.
- Easy to assemble and carry.
- Plenty of space for large dogs.
- Lightweight and good for travel.
- Bottom mat isn’t included.
- Some dogs chew through the mesh.
The Go Pet Club Soft Crate is made of durable materials and is suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Thus, you can use this soft foldable dog crate as a training confinement in the safety of your home.
This product features one entry and windows with a roll-down cover on all three sides. Hence, making the inside of the crate airy and well ventilated and gives your dog a chance to observe his surroundings.
The crate is made of water-resistant polyester and PVC backing and it also comes with ground anchors. Furthermore, Go Pet included a sheepskin mat to provide your pet with extra comfort while traveling.
This product also comes with a carrying case and it takes 93% less space when folded. We picked a small soft dog crate for all tiny adventurous pooches, however, this product comes in many different sizes.
- Easy to set and carry.
- Comes with a mat and carrying case.
- Can be used indoors and outdoors.
- Made of cheaper materials.
- Can tip easily.
The EliteField 3-Door Crate is made of sturdy materials but it still looks stylish. The crate frame is made of steel tube, the cover is made of durable materials and hex mesh fabric.
This products sports front, side, and top entry and the mesh fabric allow for sufficient air flow. The canvas is also easily removable and can be washed. Due to the lightweight frame this crate can be set up or folded down within seconds.
This EliteField also thought about doggy accessories and fitted two pockets, one on the top and one on the side of the crate. Hence, you can pack treats, food, or a leash and have them close at hand.
Multiple built-in handles set this portable soft dog crate from the rest so you can choose to use a handle or shoulder strap. The product also comes with carrying case and a fleece bed to make your dog comfortable while traveling.
Read More: Best Large Dog Crate
- 3 entry points.
- Multiple built-in handles.
- Excellent quality.
- No ziplock.
The Noz2Noz Soft Crate is well suited for indoor and outdoor use. This product comes in many different sizes so you won’t have troubles finding the one that will be just right for your dog. We choose a 36 inch crate that can house dogs weighing up to 70 pounds.
This product comes with a steel frame that is covered with tight weave mesh fabric. Thus, your dog won’t feel like he is in a cage and there is plenty of air to make him feel comfortable.
If you are looking for a dog crate soft sided collapsible, look no further since this product can be stored flat in seconds. This is accomplished with push in buttons and couplers, which is a great feature to have on the road.
This crate has corner protectors that prevent the fabric from tearing. Furthermore, the zippers are equipped with a ziplock. Hence, even the mischievous dogs won’t find a way to escape from the crate.
The material is water resistant and easy to clean. Thus, you will only have to remove the it from the frame and put it in the washing machine. The only problem with this product is that it can have a strong plastic smell. Hence, you will have to air it for a couple of days before placing your dog inside.
- Sturdy and great for travel.
- Ziplock prevents dogs from escaping.
- Comes in different sizes.
- Easy to set up and fold.
- Can smell strongly on plastic.
The 2Pet Folding Crate can be a great choice if you are looking for a versatile containment product for travel. The improved design makes harder for dogs to chew through zipper and escape.
The 2Pet Foldable Dog Crate can be used indoors, outdoors, for training, and travel. It is made of durable materials and the improved design makes it hard for dogs to chew through or open the zipper.
The frame is made of solid steel tube that ensures stability and durability. However, this crate is still lightweight and very easy to set up or fold down.
The frame is covered with water-resistant material that can be removed and washed in the washing machine. The product sports windows on all sides that keep the crate well ventilated and airy.
To make the carrying easier, this crate is equipped with a top handle that can easily be converted into a shoulder strap. The improved front zipper makes it hard for dogs to chew through and escape from the crate.
Picking The Best Soft Dog Crate
Metal or plastic dog crates are sturdy and take up so much space. You might not realize that you need the best soft-sided dog crate until you are faced with a problem of storing the big plastic one.
On the other hand, soft crates are easily foldable and won’t take much space, which means that they can be stored anywhere. However, these products aren’t without limitations. Hence, you should consider your dog’s size and tendency towards destructive behavior before getting a soft-sided dog crate.
There is a lot of great soft dog crates options available on the market, but EliteField 3-Door Soft Dog Crate has the best features. This crate is well ventilated and sports front and side entry doors. Furthermore, this model is made of durable mesh and can be set up or folded down within seconds.
If you are looking for a soft travel dog crate the Noz2Noz Soft-Krater can ensure a safe outdoorsy adventure. This heavy duty crate can house dogs up to 70 pounds and the tightly woven mesh fabric makes it airy and comfortable.
What Are The Benefits Of Soft Sided Dog Crates?
If you are tired of carrying a big plastic or metal dog crate it might be a time for a change. Soft dog crates are easier to carry and store and can be just the thing you are looking for. Here are some benefits of collapsible dog crates:
- Lightweight and Portable: Soft dog crates are lightweight and very portable, which means they are great for travel. You can use a soft sided crate for a trip to the vet, for camping, travel, or any other other activity that involves transporting a dog. Furthermore, you can use a soft carrier on an airplane for in-cabin flights.
- Great for smaller dogs: Soft crates are ideal for smaller and medium sized dogs. However, they aren’t suitable for giant breeds since they are not large enough to house really big dogs comfortably.
- Easy to set up and collapse: It is only a matter of seconds to set up or collapse a soft dog crate. Thus, they are ideal for people who don’t want to deal with screws and long instruction manuals.
- Easy to store: The biggest benefit of soft-sided dog crates is that they are easy to fold and store without taking too much space. This is especially important if you don’t use the create on regular basis.
What To Look For In A Best Soft Dog Crate?
Before you start shopping for a new soft dog crate it is important to know what features to look for. Consider the following factors when picking a new crate in order to get the best value for your money and still make your dog comfortable:
- Lightweight Frame: Look for a well-built and sturdy frame that is at the same time lightweight. Most soft crates have a thin metal frame that is similar to tent poles. However, if the frame is too heavy it will be hard to carry and transport your dog in a crate. On the other hand, poor quality materials will make the crate shaky and not safe for your dog. Thus, consider the materials used for the frame before buying the new crate.
- Ventilation: Every good soft dog crate should have windows that will allow the air to flow in the crate. Some have windows covered with mesh while some crates have plastic windows. Mesh windows work great in hot and humid climates, while plastic ones can protect a dog from cold and rain.
- Mat: Ideally a crate should already come with a mat that will make your dog comfortable while he is confined inside. However, if you have a sick or older dog consider getting an orthopedic mat that will make him even more comfortable. On the other hand, you should look for a waterproof mat if you have a puppy that is prone to potty accidents.
- Visibility: Consider how much visibility you want to allow your dog. Some dogs enjoy having a dark and quiet place to sleep, while others want to be involved in all activities. Most dog crates have zippered portions or adjustable covers which will allow you to adjust your dog’s visibility.
- Easy to set up: Most soft sided dog crates are very easy to assemble and don’t require any tools. Usually, it takes just a couple of seconds to set up or collapse one of these crates. If you plan to use your crate often we recommend that you look for one that is easy to set up and fold down.
- Appropriate Size: Since many soft-sided dog crates are on the smaller side, you should measure your dog carefully before buying one. It is important that a dog can stand comfortably in a crate without hitting his head on the top. Also, make sure that he is able to have full range of motions inside and more normally.
For owners who like to travel with their four-legged friends, the best soft dog crate is a great thing to have. Soft-sided dog crates are lightweight, easy to carry, and they don’t take much space. Furthermore, you will need only a few seconds to set up or collapse a crate before you are ready to go.
However, you should be aware that soft crates aren’t suitable for aggressive dogs that have destructive tendencies. Although soft crates have their benefits, a destructive dog can easily chew through the mesh or fabric and escape. Thus, consider your dog’s personality in order to find the right soft crate and enjoy your time traveling.